Hi! I'm Serena Yong. I believe in making a positive impact by teaching through songs, signs, and stories.
I worked in the school division for 9 years and took ASL courses to support children who were struggling with their communication. I discovered that combining songs and signs was the key to having fun with it!
Once we had our first child, I decided to use signs in our home to highlight key words like 'milk' and 'eat'. We were amazed when our daughter started signing back. We noticed her vocabulary exploded and her confidence was beaming too! We were so pleased with our experience.
This flamed a passion that led to the development of Little Signing Stars. I've been teaching "baby and me" classes for over 10 years!
During the pandemic of 2020, all the classes were moved online and I'm continuing the program on Zoom to this date.
My husband and I had recently published these books titled Baby Sign Language Step-by-Step Guide and the Touch Feel Learn book.
- Certificate of Completion in the Signing Naturally Program at the Deaf Centre Manitoba
- Certificate of Completion in the Deaf Studies Program at Red River College
- ASL immersion summer programs at the Manitoba School for the Deaf
- Educational Assistant at the Winnipeg School Division for 9 years
- Personal experience with four children who inspire me everyday
“Every good and perfect gift is from God.” James 1:17